Sunday, April 10, 2011

What we've been up to!

Wowee, it's been a long time.  I think my last post was the announcement of my pregnancy and I'm now 20 weeks along.  I'm having a scan on Tuesday and it's the one where I find out the sex.  I cannot wait to know!!! My head is forever saying 'oooh, maybe it's another girl, or maybe it's a boy, or maybe it's a girl, or maybe it's boy' and I can't wait to put this circular thought pattern to rest with an answer.

Onto other news..........
Even though we didn't plan on it taking anywhere near this long to move into the shed, I'm glad we have taken the time to do things properly, because the inside looks so much more like a house than I ever thought was possible.  I would really love to be able to share this in photo format, but I can't get my memory card reader to work at the moment and so the photos are unavailable. I can tell you that it has walls, actually, painted walls, lights, ceiling fans, power points, a kitchen sink, a working toilet and other less interesting, but highly important things.  We will be putting the last coat of sealant stuff on the floor tomorrow and then we will start moving in.  Yipee!!!!!! Even I can't fathom how excited I am about this.  We have been living with Daddy's parents for 4 months now, and although they are lovely, I can't wait to get into my own space and I'm sure they can't wait to have their own space back to themselves.

With walls, but no paint and a big mess of stuff inside. 


Ok, now for some little girl news.  Oh how she's grown.  She has so many words now I can't even count them on 2 hands anymore.  She has gotten incredibly good at 'telling' me things and 'asking' me for things.  I'm amazed that we can actually communicate and understand each other successfully about 90% of the time now.  She copies everything I do and wants to 'help' with everything.  She loves closing doors, drawers and anything else that is closable.  She 'dances' which involves lots of arm waving, bopping and spinning.  She kisses, cuddles, pats and tickles.




Collecting things (sand, sticks and leaves)  from under daddy's old cubby house. 

Listening to Steve Wonder

Making a birthday card for my friend.



Joining in on family yoga time. 

At the moment she is staying with my parents for 4 days in a town 2 hours away from me.  I took her yesterday and spent the night and left her this afternoon.  It was one of the hardest things I've ever done and I cried for a fairly decent portion of the drive home.  I felt sick to my stomach worrying about her, as she's spent the last week sick and has struggled to be anywhere other than right by mummy or daddy's side.  However, my mum really wanted to have her and because they live a few hours drive away, they don't get to see her as often as they would like and asked if she could come and stay for a few days.  I'll be at work during the day and am going to go out to the shed and decorate her bedroom walls with the new decals I bought her today in the afternoons after work.  Although daddy will miss her just as much as me, I think he is looking forward to being able to work on the shed without his little helper for a week.  

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you and Lyle expecting a second bambino :-) To me it seems as though all of the woman I know are expecting :-) A beautiful time. I can't wait to have another :-) This transformation looks super exciting. You guys must be stoked!!! It's so difficult when the little ones aren't around but I am sure you guys will have a well deserved break and also achieve a lot at the shed :-)

    Mekaela xo

    ReplyDelete