Sunday, January 1, 2012

This year....

I'm going to start this post by commenting on my goals from last year, because I am so proud of myself for accomplishing them and much, much more.  I'm not proud because I did so much, I'm proud because I did the things on the list.  I'm the type of person who makes goals and doesn't stick to them at all.  Infact, I stopped making goals for anything because I was tired of being disappointed in myself for not accomplishing them.  BUT, this year I did it! All except for one, which I had very good reason for. Oh, I just re-read the goal list and I actually didn't complete another thing on there, but it's still a huge improvement for me.

 The list was:

  • Grow a successful vegetable garden
  • Grow a successful herb garden
  • Complete crochet blankie
  • Complete knitted cardigan
  • Sew a patchwork quilt
  • Join a soccer team (this terrifies me!)


I didn't join a soccer team because I was pregnant (I think that's pretty fair!)
I didn't complete the knitted  cardigan.  No excuse for that one, except that I forgot it was on the list.  

Now for this years goals:

Go on more outings with my new family of 4
Enjoy my days at home and make the most of living so far out of town before it's over.
Do at least one productive thing while Milly has her nap.  
It's time to get fit and lose the weight now that my baby making days are over for awhile. I would like to lose 12 kilos, but I don't want to jeopardise breast milk production in the process.  
I would like to be more specific about my crafting goals but I don't have any ideas so far, except that I would like to do some form of crafting every day, even if only for a few minutes.  I don't always have the motivation to do this, but I know I always enjoy and appreciate the rest of the day more if I spend some time crafting, so this is me giving myself a little push.




These are sounding more like reminders than goals, so I will leave it for now and spend some time over the next few days thinking about things more specifically.  I would love to be able to complete a goal list 2 years in a row! 

No comments:

Post a Comment