Thursday, January 13, 2011

Gosh, it's been awhile! Unfortunately I have lost my USB cable for the camera so I don't have updated photos to show you, but I do have a few exciting things to tell you.

Firstly, I have shown you a few photos of our 'creek' on here.  Well, it turns that the bit I thought (and was very happy with) was the creek was, infact, a small gully leading into the creek.  We actually have a proper  creek through our property with a fairly decent swimming hole.  Today, after we had done lots of hammering and sweating and measuring, Little Miss was getting a bit whiney so we took her for a swim.  She took a bit to get used to the temperature of the water, which was a bit colder than your average swimming pool, but absolutely loved it and I can see us spending a lot of time there in the future.

Secondly, there has been quite a bit of shed progress.  My dad came out and sealed the concrete floors when we were lucky enough to have a few rain free days.  We have finished putting the fibro up for the walls.  The pump is now working, but we still need to do a bit of work on the plumbing.

Thirdly, I got a phone call today and I have a permanent job!!! I'm really overwhelmed by this at the moment, because it means handing my 'mummy reigns' over to daddy for awhile.  I'm so worried about what I'll miss and how much time she will spend away from me, but I just keep telling myself that it is such a great opportunity for Daddy and for her.  I'm getting upset thinking about it right now, so I'll leave it there for now until I've had some more time to process it.  I start next week.  Eeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkk!!!!

That's about it for now.  Thanks for reading and have a splendiferous day!

P.S. I feel a bit weird posting about my happy little life and my meaningless troubles when there is so much devastation happening in Brisbane (where I lived until 4 weeks ago).  I get choked up watching the news and keeping up to date with facebook.  I think about my friends that were affected, even if only a little bit and how I wish I was there, because our house wasn't anywhere near the flood affected areas and we could have offered accommodation and food to people we know.  I really hope everyone that I know that was affected is doing ok and being looked after.  

No comments:

Post a Comment