Monday, December 27, 2010

The Move

Well, here we are one week after the move and I am starting to feel something.  For example: I went shopping and wasn't able to buy 3 of the 4 things I needed and my phone supplier doesn't even have a store in the town.  BUT, I am with family, which is what I wanted and it only takes 10 minutes to get anywhere and it's easy to find parks.  It will still take a bit of getting used to, but for now I have lots to keep me occupied.  

The move went smoothly, but it took a looooooooooooong time to get here.  For some reason what should have been a 12 hour drive took 16 hours, so even though we left Brisbane at 7am, we didn't' arrive in Mackay until 11pm.  Daddy's brother stayed with us after our trailer left and helped us clean so he was driving with us.  The plan was that whoever wasn't driving one of the 2 cars would be in the car with Little Miss to entertain her, however, she was an absolute angel all day (from what Daddy and her Uncle tell me; I spent most of the day driving the other car on my own) and played on her own or slept.

There's a baby in there somewhere!

Dinner in Rocky

As I'm writing this I realise I'm skipping bits out and I want to add them in, so it's a little bit random and perhaps not very chronological.  

Something I missed is that Daddy's sister and her boyfriend also came and helped us clean on the last day and stayed the night where they slept on our bare loungeroom floor (for the 4 hours that we actually got to sleep!) 

We spent the last day in our house cleaning, taking loads of rubbish to any bin we could find and packing the cars.  It rained the ENTIRE day and I was so glad the day we packed the trailer was fine.  By the time we had finished packing the cars (11:30pm) the front yard had turned to a horrible mush and we had a lot of wet towels to travel with.  

The next morning we were up at 5 to finish packing, check everything was in order and get some breakfast before leaving.  Daddy's sister and her boyfriend went home when we left to get ready to catch their plane to Mackay where we would be seeing them later that night.  We headed off and had a lovely clear day on the roads with no incidents or obstacles.  The only problem was that one of the cars was so full that the driver (and also the only person that could fit in the car) couldn't see to change into the left hand lane so we had to stick together and 'lane-spot' for each other.  There were a few nerve wrecking moments, but all turned out ok.  
Our stuff unloaded into Daddy's parents shed until ours is finished.

We have been to the shed twice since arriving and there has been more progress, which I will post about shortly (it is difficult when staying in someone else's house).  

Christmas was yesterday and I also want to post about that.  Hopefully tomorrow there will be time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment